Thursday, February 12, 2009

ALA Midwinter 2009

Denver in January - the mountains are beautiful but the weather is not.

It was a busy but informative meeting - I am on the MARS Chair's Program for Chicago and I want to take this opportunity to promote the program.

"Who Cares about Privacy? Boundaries, Millennials and the MySpace Mindset"

MARS Chair's Program - ALA Annual Convention
Sunday, July 12, 10:30 - noon

Libraries have long trumpeted their role as protectors of privacy, but what does privacy mean in an age when people share all aspects of their lives with a worldwide audience? Is the library's committment to privacy standing in the way of offering a truly collaborative research environment for our millennial users? The speakers will participate in a lively discussion on the changing definition of privacy and its impact on libraries and the research process.

So mark you calendars now.

My Committee commitments kept me busy with Executive and All Committee Meetings, My Favorite Martian Award selection and the Chair's Program but over the next few days, I'll post notes from the Discussion Groups that I attended.

No comments: